- 750 g chicken thigh cutlets, skin removed
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- ½ tsp cumin
- ½ tsp ground coriander
- 1 Tbsp tomato paste
- 535 g can Wattie’s Just Add Butter Chicken Simmer Sauce
- ¼ cup cream
- 1 handful fresh coriander leaves to garnish
1. Heat a dash of oil in a frying pan. Add the chicken thigh cutlets and cook over a high heat until they start to colour. Remove the chicken from the pan and set aside.
2. Reduce the heat and add a little extra oil if necessary. Add the onion and garlic to the pan and cook until the onions begin to soften. Add the cumin and coriander and tomato paste, stir and cook for a further minute. Return the chicken back into the pan.
3. Pour over Wattie’s Just Add Butter Chicken Simmer Sauce. Allow the sauce to come to the boil. Reduce heat. Cover. Simmer for 20 minutes. Remove the lid and increase the heat and continue cooking a further 10-15 minutes, until chicken is cooked and the sauce has reduced by a quarter.
4. Remove from the heat. Stir through cream – do not allow the sauce to boil to avoid curdling. Garnish with fresh coriander leaves and serve over rice.
Watch How To Video
To reduce the fat content of this recipe you can swap the cream for natural unsweetened yoghurt. It adds creaminess but with less kilojoules.Make sure you add the yoghurt after you have removed the pan from the heat to avoid curdling.
Replace chicken thigh cutlets with boneless thigh meat. Cut into 2 cm pieces. Cooking time will be reduced by approximately 10 minutes.
For a spicier dish add ½ tsp of chilli paste with the other spices.