- 500 g lean beef mince
- onion, peeled and chopped
- 150 g button mushrooms, sliced
- 525 g jar HEINZ [SERIOUSLY] GOOD™ Tomato & Sweet Basil Pasta Sauce
- 25 g butter
- 3 Tbsp flour
- 2 cups milk
- 100 g Mainland Egmont Cheese, grated
- 9-12 sheets dried lasagne pasta
- Preheat oven to 190°C. Heat a dash of oil in a pan. Add mince and onions and brown quickly over a high heat. Add mushrooms and continue cooking a further 2 minutes.
- Pour over HEINZ [SERIOUSLY] GOOD™ Tomato & Sweet Basil Pasta Sauce. Stir and simmer for 20 minutes.
To make the cheese sauce:
Melt the butter in a saucepan. Add flour and stir. Cook for 1 minute. Gradually add the milk, stirring continuously over a medium heat until the sauce thickens and boils. Reduce heat and simmer for 2 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in half the grated Mainland Egmont Cheese. Season to taste.
- To assemble: Spoon a third of the mince mixture into a lasagne-style dish. Lay lasagne sheets to cover the mince. Spoon a third of the mince onto the pasta. Repeat, finishing with a layer of pasta.
- Pour over cheese sauce to cover pasta. Sprinkle remaining grated cheese on top. Bake for 30-40 minutes until pasta is cooked and top golden. Serve with a crisp green salad on the side.