Fans of our famous spaghetti and tomato sauce have been asking for more cheese please. So, for all you cheese lovers out there we have added an extra helping of tasty New Zealand Cheddar to our rich tomato sauce and fresh spaghetti. Now the spaghettiest spaghetti is also cheesy.
1. Quickly brown beef mince in a dash of oil in a large hot frying pan, breaking up the mince with a fork as it browns. This may be best done in 2 batches. Set aside.
2. Add another dash of oil to the frying pan, gently pan fry the onion and celery until softened. Pour over Wattie's Savoury Tomatoes, add browned mince, stir and simmer gently for 5 minutes. Season with salt, pepper and half the parsley.
3. Layer 1/2 the hot mince mixture into the base of a 5-6 cup capacity shallow oven-proof dish. Spoon over 1/2 can Wattie's Extra Cheesy Spaghetti. Repeat layers with remaining mince and spaghetti.
4. Toss together the breadcrumbs, cheese and remaining parsley and sprinkle on top.
5. Cook at 180°C for 20 minutes or until hot and topping is crisp and golden.
Serve with salad or vegetables on the side.
What do I need ?
Original recipe yields 1 serving
This tool adjusts ingredient amounts only, not method or nutrition information. Additional changes to equipment, baking times, etc. may be needed for recipe success.