- 250 g softened butter
- 1 cup caster sugar
- grated zest 2 lemons
- 4 eggs
- 2 ¼ cups self-raising flour
- ½ cup semolina
- 1 cup unsweetened natural yoghurt
- 410 g can Wattie's Pear Quarters in Cldear Fruit juice, drained and juice reserved
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- ½ cup sugar
1. Beat the butter, sugar and lemon rind together until light and fluffy and then beat in the eggs one at a time.
2. Sift the self-raising flour and fold into the creamed mixture with the semolina and yoghurt.
3. Turn into a lightly greased and base-lined 24cm cake tin. Arrange the Wattie's Pear Quarters evenly on top.
4. Bake at 180°C for 1 hour and 15 minutes until golden.
5. Make the reserved pear juice up to 1 cup with lemon juice and heat with the sugar until dissolved.
6. Once the cake is cooked, pierce the top with a skewer and slowly pour the syrup over the cake while hot and in the tin. Cool for 1 hour in the tin before turning out. Serve with extra yoghurt on the side.