- 500 g lean beef mince
- 1 Tbsp oil
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 green capsicum, deseeded and chopped
- 2 rashers bacon, chopped
- 420 g can Wattie’s Condensed Tomato Soup
- 400 g can Wattie’s Pesto Style Tomatoes
- 400 g dried spaghetti
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh basil or parsley or use 1 tbsp dried
1. Quickly brown the beef mince in a hot frying pan, breaking up the mince with the back of a spoon as it browns. This is best done in two batches. Set aside.
2. Add oil to the frying pan, gently cook onion, garlic, green pepper and bacon until tender, but not brown. Stir in Wattie’s Condensed Tomato Soup and Wattie’s Pesto Style Tomatoes with 1/2 cup water. Return the browned mince to the sauce, mix well, cover and simmer gently for 15 minutes.
3. Cook spaghetti in boiling salted water for about 10 minutes or until just tender. Drain well.
4. Season the Bolognese sauce and stir through the basil. Serve with grated Parmesan cheese if wished.