- 2 onions, thickly sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, sliced
- 4-6 Quality Mark lamb shoulder chops, trimmed of fat
- 400 g can Wattie’s Italian Style Tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp paprika
- 1 Tbsp tomato paste
- 2 sprigs sprigs rosemary
- ¾ x 700 g bag Wattie’s frozen Rainbow Mix Vegetables
- 2-3 tsp cornflour (optional)
1. Preheat the slow cooker on low. Place the onions and garlic into the cooker and place the Quality Mark lamb shoulder chops on the vegetables.
2. Mix Wattie’s Italian Style Tomatoes, paprika and tomato paste together. Pour this over the lamb. Add the sprigs of rosemary. Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours. One hour before the end of cooking, add Wattie’s frozen Rainbow Mix Vegetables. Continue cooking until lamb is cooked and vegetables are hot. If you want to thicken the sauce, mix cornflour with 1 Tbsp of cold water and whisk into the sauce. Serve with creamy mashed potatoes.
To oven cook
Follow instructions for the slow cooker but place in a casserole dish and add an extra 400g can Wattie’s Italian Style Tomatoes or 1 cup of stock. Cover. Cook at 160°C for 2 - 2 1/2 hours. 15 minutes before the end of cooking, add the frozen vegetables.
Ripened on the vine under the Hawke’s Bay sun, Wattie’s Italian Style Tomatoes are blended with oregano, basil, thyme and marjoram.