- 2 Tbsp butter
- 3 Tbsp flour
- 1 ½ cup milk
- 50 g Mainland Egmont Cheese, grated
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat until it just starts to foam. Add the flour and cook, stirring constantly, for 1 to 2 minutes (the mixture will come away from the side of the saucepan).
- Remove from the heat and add half of the milk. Use a whisk to whisk until the mixture is smooth. Add the remaining milk and whisk until smooth.
- Return to the heat and cook, stirring, for a further 2 to 3 minutes or until the mixture boils and thickens. Remove from the heat and stir in the Mainland Egmont Cheese. Season to taste. Serve with your favourite steamed vegetables.
- If you prefer a thinner sauce, add a little extra milk.