- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 100 g button mushrooms, cut into quarters
- 2 small chorizo or spicy sausages, thinly sliced
- 500 g jar Heinz Seriously Good Carbonara Pasta Sauce
- 400 g fresh or 225g dried fettucine
- 50 g shaved Parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup pine nuts, toasted (optional)
1. Heat a dash of oil in a frying pan. Add the onion, mushrooms and chorizo and cook until the vegetables soften and start to brown. Reduce heat.
2. Pour over Heinz Seriously Good Carbonara Pasta Sauce, stir until sauce is hot.
3. Cook pasta in plenty of lightly salted boiling water according to packet directions, until al dente or just cooked. Drain well. Add to the sauce and toss to coat. Season to taste. Serve in bowls, garnished with shaved Parmesan and toasted pinenuts if wished.