- 100 g softened butter
- ¼ cup caster sugar
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 ½ cups flour, sifted
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ cup Craig's Raspberry Jam
- ½ cup caster sugar
- ½ cup desiccated coconut
1. Preheat oven to 180°C. Lightly grease or line with baking paper a 22cm square cake tin.
2. Cream butter and sugar until light and creamy. Beat in the egg yolks and vanilla essence.
3. Fold in the flour and baking powder. Place mixture into the prepared cake tin and press out evenly. Chill for 10 minutes.
4. Spread the base with Craig's Raspberry Jam.
5. Beat the egg whites with second measure of sugar until soft peaks form. Fold in coconut and spread over the slice. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until golden.
6. Cool on a wire rack before cutting into squares.