- 3 (600-700g) lamb shoulder chops, trimmed and cut in half
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 2 tsp crushed garlic
- 1 Tbsp curry powder
- 535 g can Wattie's Very Special Kumara and Vegetable Soup
- 2 x 250 g packets SunRice Brown Rice in 90 seconds
- 4 Tbsp flaked almonds
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley or mint
- ½ cup unsweetened low-fat yoghurt
- ¼ - ½ cucumber, peeled, deseeded and chopped
- ½ cup mint leaves
1. Heat a dash of oil in a frying pan and brown lamb chops. Remove chops from pan and place in an oven-proof dish. Gently fry onions and garlic in remaining oil until soft. Add curry powder and fry for 1-2 minutes while stirring.
2. Combine Wattie’s Very Special Kumara and Vegetable Soup and 1/2 cup water and pour over the chops. Cover and cook in an oven preheated to 180°C for 1 1/2 hours, untill chops are tender.
3. When casserole is cooked heat SunRice Brown Rice according to the directions on the packet. Empty into a bowl and stir through the almonds and parsley.
4. To make raita mix the ingredients together and season to taste.
Crockpot/Slow cooker instructions.
Prepare the recipe following steps 1-2 but omit the 1/2 cup water. Place in slow cooker and cook on LOW for approx 8 hours (refer to your user manual). Serve as directed above.