- 2 cups peeled and chopped feijoas (5-6 feijoas)
- 1 punnet (125g) fresh blueberries
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp Gregg's Ground Ginger
- ¼ cup ground almonds
- ¼ cup flour
- ½ cup Wholegrain Oats
- ¼ cup soft brown sugar
- 50g butter, melted
- 100g butter, softened
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 ½ cup flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Preheat oven to 170° (fan assisted). Line the base and sides of a 23cm square cake tin with baking paper. Mix together chopped feijoas, blueberries, sugar and Gregg’s Ground Ginger and set aside.
- Prepare the crumble topping. Put ground almonds, flour, wholegrain oats and sugar into a mixing bowl. Stir through melted butter. Set aside.
- Prepare the shortcake. Beat together butter and sugar until pale. Beat in the egg. Mix in flour and baking powder to form a soft dough. Press dough evenly into the base of the prepared tin.
- Spoon over the prepared fruit to cover the base. Scatter over the crumble mix.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes until top is golden and base cooked. Leave in the tin for 20 minutes before carefully lifting it out, with the baking paper onto a cake rack to cool. Serve cut into pieces with yoghurt, ice-cream or cream.
- Replace fresh blueberries with frozen blueberries
- To make lining the tin with baking paper easier – grease the base and sides with a little oil or melted butter.