- 1 Tegel Turkey
- 1 ½ cup chicken stock
- 1 ¼ cup couscous
- 1 apple, grated
- ½ cup pistachio nuts, chopped
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh thyme
- ¼ cup freshly chopped parsley
- 300 ml bottle Wattie’s Bit on the Side Cracker Cranberry Sauce
- ¼ cup liquid honey
1. If necessary, defrost Tegel Turkey according to the instructions on pack. Wash the cavity of the turkey with cold water and wipe well with paper towels.
2. Heat chicken stock to boiling, pour over the couscous, cover and stand for 5 minutes. Fluff the couscous with a fork and cool.
3. Add grated apple, pistachio nuts, thyme, parsley and 1/2 cup Wattie’s Bit on the Side Cracker Cranberry Sauce to the couscous. Season with salt and pepper and mix well.
4. Spoon the stuffing into the turkey cavity. Tie the turkey legs together with string. Tuck the wings underneath and place in a roasting dish. Drizzle over a little oil.
5. Roast the turkey following instructions on the back of the Tegel Turkey pack. Mix the remaining Cranberry Sauce with the honey. During the last 20 minutes of cooking time baste the turkey with the sauce to glaze.
Serve with seasonal vegetables and potatoes.
How to Tie and Tuck Turkey