- 400-500 g chicken breast, boneless and skinless
- zest of half an orange
- ¼ cup fresh orange juice
- 1 Tbsp runny honey
- 2 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 ½ tsp dried oregano
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup long grain rice
- 3 cups Wattie’s Chuckwagon Corn Mix
1. Cut chicken into stir-fry strips. Mix marinade ingredients together. Add the chicken and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate while preparing the rice.
2. Pour chicken stock into a medium sized saucepan. Bring to the boil. Add rice. Stir. Reduce heat. Cover and cook gently for 12 minutes. Turn off the heat. Cover and leave to stand for 10 minutes to allow the rice to steam and the remaining liquid to be absorbed into the rice.
While the rice is standing, heat a frying pan with a dash of oil. Add chicken and quickly stir-fry over a high heat until chicken is golden. Add Wattie’s Chuckwagon Corn Mix and stir-fry for a couple of minutes until chicken and vegetables are cooked. Add cooked rice and toss to combine. Season. Garnish with freshly chopped parsley and serve with your favourite green vegetables on the side.