- 4 sheets flaky pastry
- 6 rashers bacon, roughly chopped
- 8-10 eggs
- ½ - ¾ cup frozen peas
- 1 egg, beaten, or 2 Tbsp milk
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Lightly grease a 24 x 20-cm ovenproof dish.
- Use 2 sheets of pastry to line the base and sides of the dish. Layer the dish with half the bacon and break eggs on top, breaking the egg yolks if desired. Season with pepper before sprinkling over the peas and the remaining bacon.
- Brush the edges where the pastry will join with beaten egg or milk. Lay the remaining pastry over the top and seal the edges. Brush the pie top with beaten egg or milk and make a slit in the top to allow the steam to escape.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 35-40 minutes.
Instead of joining the pastry, sit 2 sheets of pastry on a lightly floured board, one on top of the other, and with a rolling pin roll out until you get the desired size.