These recipes can be frozen after cooking following these basic guidelines:
- Cool food before freezing.
- Place food into sealable plastic bags. It is important to remove as much air as possible to avoid freezer burn. While this doesn’t harm the food, it will affect the texture and colour.
- Alternatively place food into appropriate sized airtight containers to avoid freezer burn. However, ensure to leave enough headspace between the lid and the container because your food will expand during freezing.
- Label and date food before freezing.
- Cooked food can be reheated from frozen.
- Freeze cooked food for a maximum of 2-3 months. And remember if in doubt throw it out!