- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 4 rashers bacon or 100g chorizo sausage
- 100g button mushrooms, sliced
- 420g can Wattie’s Baked Beans 50% Less Added Sugar*
- 4 eggs
- ¼ cup reduced fat grated cheese
- 6-8 Wattie's Frozen Hash Browns
- Chopped parsley to garnish
- Preheat oven to 210°C (fan bake). Lay frozen Wattie's Frozen Hash Browns in a single layer in the base of a 20cm square baking dish, cutting to fit if necessary. Cook for 15 minutes. While the hash browns are cooking, prepare the filling.
- Heat a dash of oil in a pan. Add the onion and bacon and cook until onion is soft and bacon cooked. Add mushrooms and continue cooking a further minute. Add Wattie’s Baked Beans 50% Less Added Sugar* and stir while heating. Spoon the hot bean mixture over the cooked hash browns. Make 4 indentations in the beans and break in the eggs. Scatter over grated cheese. Cover dish lightly with foil, avoiding it touching the eggs. Return the baking dish to the oven and cook for a further 10-15 minutes, until the eggs are set to your liking. Garnish with chopped parsley before serving.
If you’re using a bigger dish you may like to add an extra can of Wattie’s Baked Beans.
* Contains 50% less added sugar and 30% less salt than the regular Wattie’s Baked Beans in tomato sauce 420g.