Grown under the sun in the Hawke's Bay orchards, Wattie's pears are hand-picked and then packed at the peak of their flavour for natural goodness.
1. Beat the butter, sugar and lemon rind together until light and fluffy and then beat in the eggs one at a time.
2. Sift the self-raising flour and fold into the creamed mixture with the semolinana and yoghurt.
3. Turn into a lightly greased and base-lined 24cm cake tin. Arrange the Wattie's Pear Quarters evenly on top.
4. Bake at 180°C for 1 hour and 15 minutes until golden.
5. Make the reserved pear juice up to 1 cup with lemon juice and heat with the sugar until dissolved.
6. Once the cake is cooked, pierce the top with a skewer and slowly pour the syrup over the cake while hot and in the tin. Cool for 1 hour in the tin before turning out. Serve with extra yoghurt on the side.
What do I need ?
Original recipe yields 8 Servings
This tool adjusts ingredient amounts only, not method or nutrition information. Additional changes to equipment, baking times, etc. may be needed for recipe success.
250 g softened butter
1 cup caster sugar
grated zest 2 lemons
2 ¼ cups self-raising flour
½ cup semolinana
1 cup unsweetened natural yoghurt
410 g can Wattie's Pear Quarters in Cldear Fruit juice, drained and juice reserved