Why not try a new pavlova recipe this year. Our hazelnut pavlova is the perfect mix of nutty flavours combined with delicious sweet boysenberries.
What do I need ?
Original recipe yields 1 serving
This tool adjusts ingredient amounts only, not method or nutrition information. Additional changes to equipment, baking times, etc. may be needed for recipe success.
1 ½ tsp cornflour
1 ½ tsp vanilla extract
1 ½ tsp vinegar
6 egg whites
1 cup (225g) caster sugar
½ cup hazelnuts, toasted, ground
425 g can Wattie's Boysenberries in Syrup, drained, reserve the syrup
1 cup cream
1 cup Greek Style yoghurt
Add To Shopping List
How do I make it ?
1. Preheat oven to 160℃ (fan assisted). Line a baking tray with baking paper and draw 2 x 20cm circles as a guide.
2. Mix cornflour, vanilla extract and vinegar together to a smooth paste.
3. Beat egg whites in a clean bowl until soft peaks form. Continue beating, adding sugar a little at a time altertively with the cornflour mix until the meringue is stiff and glossy. Carefully fold in ground hazelnuts.
4. Divide mixture between the 2 circles and roughly spread the meringue out to form the circles.
5. Bake for 50-60 minutes until the pavlova feels crispy on the outside. If you are using 2 trays and oven shelves, switch trays halfway through cooking to ensure they cook evenly. Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely. Carefully peel off the baking paper.
6. To prepare the filling. Whip cream and fold in yoghurt. Mix half the cream mixture into half of the drained Wattie's Boysenberries.
7. Place one pavlova onto a serving platter. Spoon over the boysenberry mixture. Place second pavlova on top.
8. Spoon over remaining cream and yoghurt and decorate with the remaining boysenberries. Drizzle with a little of the reserved syrup. Garnish with a few chopped roasted hazelnuts.
Kraft Kitchen Tips!
To prepare the ground hazelnuts – roast in a 200°C for approx 4-5 minutes being careful not to burn them. Cool and place in a small food processor or blender and grind finely. You can leave or remove the skins as wished.