Seasons change, and so do tastes. Whether it's smoothies or salads we've got you covered with two raised garden planting plans!
It's time to remove winter's crops from your raised garden bed and make room for your new plants! Fill your garden with spring vege and fruit favourites for delicious homegrown harvests that last you into summer.
The Project: Planting an Edible Spring Garden
What you will need:
A raised garden bed
Your favourite vege / fruit plants. Good options include: spring onions, coriander, tomatoes, basil, spinach, lettuce or mesclun, capsicums, strawberries, blackberries and blueberries.
- Tui Sheep Pellets
- Tui Compost
- Tui Vegetable Mix
- Tui Pea Straw Mulch
- Stakes / ties
- Tui Organic Seaweed Plant Tonic
- Tui Quash Slug and Snail Control
- Garden staples
What you need to do:
- Prepare your garden by digging in Tui Compost and Tui Sheep Pellets to condition and boost the nutrients in the soil.
- Add a layer of Tui Vegetable Mix.
- Add a layer of Tui Pea Straw Mulch.
- Divide your garden into six even areas. Do this using your finger through the straw, or with string.
- Soak plants in Tui Organic Seaweed Plant Tonic before planting.
- Now it's time to get planting! See our planting plans below for planting either a salad garden or smoothie garden.
- Water your plants well.
- Scatter Tui Quash Slug & Snail Control around your plants to protect them from slugs and snails.
For more inspiration and tips check out tuiproducts.co.nz.