- 1.4-1.5 kg chicken
- 1 orange
- 1 Tbsp Wattie's Tomato Sauce
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- ½ Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 leek, washed and sliced
- 1 carrot, peeled and sliced
- 1 parsnip, peeled and sliced
- 1-2 Tbsp fresh oregano or 1 tsp dried
- 550 g can Wattie's Just Add Chicken Sweet Apricot Simmer Sauce
1. Turn slow cooker on to low to preheat. Pat chicken dry with paper towels. Place half the orange in the cavity and tie legs together to keep the shape of the chicken.
2.Mix together Wattie's Tomato Sauce, brown sugar and balsamic vinegar to form a paste and brush over the chicken.
3. Arrange leek, carrot and parsnip in base of the slow cooker and place the chicken on top. Scatter the oregano over the top.
4. Zest and juice the remaining half orange and mix with Wattie's Just Add Chicken Sweet Apricot Simmer Sauce. Pour over the chicken.
5. Cook on low for 5-6 hours until the chicken is cooked and the vegetables are tender.
6. Season to taste and serve with mashed potatoes and seasonal green vegetables.
1. Preheat oven to 180°C.
2. Prepare as for slow cooker but place ingredients in an ovenproof dish. Cover.
3. Place in the oven and cook for 1 1/2 - 2 hours until chicken is tender.