- 150 g butter
- ¾ cup cocoa
- 3 eggs
- 1 ¼ cup caster sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 100 g dark chocolate, roughly chopped
- ½ cup self-raising flour, sifted
- 425 g can Wattie's Boysenberries in Syrup, drained
1. Preheat oven to 170°C and line a 22cm square cake tin with baking paper.
2. Put the butter and cocoa into a small saucepan. Over a low heat melt the butter and cocoa and stir until smooth. Remove from the heat and set aside to cool.
3. In a large mixing bowl beat the eggs, sugar and vanilla essence until thick and creamy. Fold in the cooled chocolate mixture, chopped chocolate and self-raising flour.
4. Pour the mixture into the prepared cake tin. Place the drained Wattie’s Boysenberries
over the top letting them sink in by themselves.
5. Bake for 30-40 minutes or until the surface of the brownie springs back when lightly pressed with your finger. Allow to cool in the tin.
6. Cut into pieces and dust with icing sugar or cocoa before serving.