For a stress free Christmas, impress your friends and family with this tasty, easy glazed butterflied chicken. Serve with a selection of your favourite salads, and enjoy!
What do I need ?
Original recipe yields 6 Servings
This tool adjusts ingredient amounts only, not method or nutrition information. Additional changes to equipment, baking times, etc. may be needed for recipe success.
1 size 16 fresh chicken
¾x 300 g bottle Wattie's Bit on the Side Cracker Cranberry Sauce
½ tsp Chinese five spice
2 Tbsp soft brown sugar
zest of 1 orange
Add To Shopping List
How do I make it ?
1. Preheat a lidded barbecue to 200℃.
2. To butterfly or spatchcock the chicken, using kitchen shears or a sharp knife, cut chicken down each side of the backbone. Remove the backbone. Turn chicken breast side up. Press firmly on the breastbone to flatten.
3. To make the glaze mix together Wattie's Bit on the Side Cracker Cranberry Sauce, Chinese five spice, brown sugar and orange zest.
4. Place the chicken breast-side up in a tray or on a lined hotplate. Brush liberally with glaze, place on the barbecue and close the lid. Turn the middle burner off and reduce the outside burners to low.
5. Glaze the chicken every 20 minutes. Cooking time will vary according to chicken size and barbecue model. Allow approx 45-60 minutes.
6. To test if the chicken is fully cooked, insert a skewer into the thickest part of the meat, when the juices run clear the meat is cooked. Leave to rest for 15 minutes before carving.
Watch How To Video
Kraft Kitchen Tips!
1. If preferred the chicken can be cooked in the oven at 180°C fan bake.