- 6 thick sausages (pork, beef or chicken)
- 1 onion, peeled and diced
- 1 carrot, peeled and diced
- 1 parsnip or kumara, peeled and diced
- 1 stick celery, diced
- 550 g can Wattie's Just Add Devilled Sausages Simmer Sauce
- 800 g potatoes
- ½ cup milk
- 25 g butter
- ½ cup grated cheese
1. Preheat oven to 180°C. Heat a dash of oil in a frying pan and brown the sausages. Cool and slice thickly. Place into an ovenproof dish.
2. Add onion, carrot, parsnip and celery to the pan and cook for 4-5 minutes.
3. Pour over Wattie's Just Add Devilled Sausages Simmer Sauce and 1/2 cup water. Bring to the boil. Pour vegetables and sauce over the sausages.
4. Cook the potatoes in lightly salted water until tender. Drain and mash, adding milk and butter, until smooth.
5. Top with mashed potatoes and scatter over grated cheese. Cook for 30 minutes until sausages are cooked and potato top golden.
For a great one pot meal, add one or two cups of your favourite Wattie's frozen vegetables before you pour over the Just Add sauce.