- ¼ cup cocoa
- 1 cup water
- 1 Tbsp vanilla essence
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup caster sugar
- ¾ cup HEINZ [SERIOUSLY] GOOD™ Mayonnaise
1. Preheat oven to 180°C. Mix the cocoa, hot water and vanilla essence together in a jug. Cool.
2. Sift the flour, baking soda and sugar in a bowl and make a well in the centre.
3. Combine the HEINZ [SERIOUSLY] GOOD™ Mayonnaise with the cocoa mixture and then pour in the well. Mix together gently.
4. Pour into a well greased and lined 20cm round cake tin.
5. Bake for 35-40 minutes until the cake is cooked when tested. Cool in the tin for 10 minutes before turning out onto a cake rack.
When cold, ice with your favourite chocolate icing, or with our Rich Chocolate Glaze, or simply dust with icing sugar to serve.
Rich Chocolate Glaze
Melt 125g dark chocolate with 1/4 cup cream together in the microwave for 1 minute. Stir to combine, cool a little and then pour over the cake and smooth out.
Tip: Add 1/4 cup finely chopped nuts. Add 1 Tbsp coffee powder with the hot water for a mocha version.