- 6 egg whites
- 70 g packet ground almonds
- ½ cup flour
- 2 Tbsp cocoa
- 1 ½ cups icing sugar
- 175 g butter, melted
- 425 g can Wattie’s Boysenberries in Syrup
1. Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease a 12 hole muffin tin or friand pan.
2. In a mixing bowl place the egg whites and whisk until frothy. Add ground almonds. Sift flour, cocoa and icing sugar into the bowl. Pour over melted butter. Stir until just combined.
3. Spoon mixture into the muffin tins. Place 2 or 3 Wattie’s Boysenberries onto each friand.
4. Bake for 25 minutes or until a skewer inserted comes out clean. Stand 5 minutes before carefully removing the friands on to a cake rack to cool. Dust with icing sugar to serve.
For a gluten free option, simply replace flour with gluten free flour.