- 500 g beef blade steak, cubed
- 2 onions, sliced
- 200 g button mushrooms, quartered
- 1 Tbsp smoked paprika
- 1 Tbsp tomato paste
- 1 ¼ cups beef stock or water
- 1 bay leaf
- ½ cup Kraft Philadelphia Light Cream for Cooking
1. Preheat oven to 180°C. Heat a dash of oil in a frying pan and brown the beef steak. Add the onions and stir fry until they begin to soften. Add the mushrooms.
2. Stir in Gregg’s Smoked Paprika and tomato paste and allow to cook out for a minute before pouring over the beef stock. Add bay leaf. Bring sauce to boiling point. Transfer to an ovenproof dish, cover and cook in the oven for 1 1/2 hours or until meat is tender.
3. At the end of cooking stir through the Kraft Philadelphia Light Cream for Cooking and serve on pasta or rice with a broad bean puree.
Crockpot / Slow Cooker Instructions:
Prepare step 1 of the recipe and place into a slow cooker with the bay leaf. Mix smoked paprika, tomato paste and 3/4 cup beef stock together and pour over the meat. Cook on low for 8 hours or on high for 4 (check your user manual). At the end of cooking, stir through the lite cream.