- 750 g lean beef mince
- 1 onion, peeled and sliced
- 1 capsicum, deseeded and diced (optional)
- 535 g can Wattie's Just Add Mexican Mince Simmer Sauce
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley or coriander
- ½ cup grated Edam cheese
- 8 flour tortillas
1. Heat a deep non-stick frying pan with a dash of oil and quickly brown beef mince, breaking up the mince with the back of a spoon as it browns. This is best done in 2-3 batches. Set aside.
2. Add the onion and capsicum and cook until softened but not brown. Pour over Wattie’s Just Add Mexican Style Mince with 1/4 cup water and mince, mix well, cover and simmer gently for 12-15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat, stir through the parsley.
3. Preheat a sandwich press or use a frying pan. Place a tortilla on the base plate. Spread about 1/2 cup hot Mexican mince mixture over one half of the tortilla. Sprinkle with grated cheese and fold over to enclose filling. Cook 3-4 minutes or until quesadilla is crispy and hot. Repeat for remaining tortillas. Serve cut into wedges with guacamole and/or sour cream and salad greens.