- 500 g pork mince
- ¼ cup uncooked short grain rice
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 2 Tbsp chopped sage
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 green capsicum, chopped (optional)
- 420 g can Wattie's Condensed Tomato Soup, Salt Reduced
- 1 cup water
1. In a bowl mix together the mince, rice, herbs, paprika and egg. Season with pepper. Roll into 16 even sized balls.
2. Heat the oil in a large flame-proof casserole dish and quickly brown the meatballs evenly.
3. Add the onion, carrots, capsicum, Wattie's Condensed Tomato Soup, Salt Reduced and water to the casserole and stir to mix.
4. Cover and simmer on top of the stove for 40-45 minutes until the meatballs are tender and the rice is cooked.
Alternatively cook in oven at 180°C for 1 hour.