- 4 tarakihi fillets (100g approx)
- ¼ cup flour, seasoned with salt and pepper
- 1 egg
- 1 - 1 ½ cups Fogdog Premium Panko Breadcrumbs
- 20 g butter
- 1 Tbsp oil
- 295 ml HEINZ [SERIOUSLY] GOOD™ Tartare Sauce
- 700 g bag Wattie’s Crunchy Tempura Wedges,
- Pat the tarakihi fillets dry with paper towels. Put the seasoned flour onto a plate. Break the egg onto a dinner sized plate and beat it with 1 tablespoon of water. Place the Fogdog Premium Panko Breadcrumbs onto another plate.
- Coat one tarakihi fillet in the seasoned flour, and then dip in the beaten egg. Finally coat the fish in the panko crumbs and place on a clean plate. Repeat with remaining tarakihi. Place in the refrigerator for 10 minutes before cooking.
- Heat the butter and oil in a frying pan over moderate heat. Place the fish in the pan and cook for 5-7 minutes, turning once during cooking, until crumbs are golden and fish is cooked.
- Serve with HEINZ [SERIOUSLY] GOOD™ Tartare Sauce accompanied with Wattie’s Crunchy Tempura Wedges, peas or a green salad.
Fogdog Premium Panko Crumbs are conveniently located on the fish bar at all Countdown and selected Pak n Save and New World stores.