- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 500 g lean beef mince
- 400 g can Wattie's Crushed & Sieved Tomatoes
- 1-2 tsp Marmite or Vegemite
- 1 Tbsp Lea & Perrins Worcestershire Sauce
- 420 g can Wattie's Baked Beans
- Heat a dash of oil in a frying pan and cook the onion until it begins to soften. Add beef mince and brown over a high heat, breaking up the mince if necessary with a fork.
- Stir in Wattie's Crushed & Sieved Tomatoes, Marmite and Lea & Perrins Worcestershire Sauce. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add Wattie's Baked Beans and continue cooking for a further 10 minutes until the mince is cooked and beans are hot.
Watch How To Video
- Serve stirred through hot penne pasta. Garnish with chopped parsley, basil or freshly grated Parmesan.
- You can substitute Wattie’s Baked Beans with Wattie’s Baked Beans 50% Less Added Sugar*, if preferred.
* Contains 50% less added sugar and 30% less salt than the regular Wattie’s Baked Beans in tomato sauce 420g.
This passata style product uses only the finest vine-ripened Hawke’s Bay tomatoes, crushed and sieved to create this natural tomato sauce style product.