- 500 g lean beef mince
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 medium golden kumara or potato, peeled and cut into 2cm dice
- 550 g can Wattie’s Just Add Hearty Savoury Mince Simmer Sauce
- 1 Tbsp Wattie’s Tomato Sauce
- 3 cups Wattie’s frozen Chuckwagon Corn Mix
- 400 g block frozen flaky puff pastry, thawed
- 1 egg, beaten or 1 Tbsp milk
1. Heat a dash of oil in a lidded deep frying pan and brown the mince and onions. This is best done in 2 batches.
2. Add the diced kumara. Pour over Wattie’s Just Add Hearty Savoury Mince Simmer Sauce. Add Wattie’s Tomato Sauce and stir to combine. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes. Stir in Wattie’s frozen Chuckwagon Corn Mix and continue cooking a further 5 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool completely.
3. Preheat oven to 190°C (fan bake) or 210°C (conventional). Roll 2/3 of the pastry to line a 24cm diameter pie dish. Spoon in the filling. Wet the edges of the pastry. Roll out the remaining pastry and place over the filling. Trim the pastry and crimp the edges of the pastry together. Make a small cut in the top of the pie to allow the steam to be released. Brush pastry top with the beaten egg or milk. Bake for 25-30 minutes until pastry is golden and filling hot. Serve with your favourite seasonal vegetables.