530 g can Wattie's Just Add Hearty Beef Casserole Simmer Sauce
¼ cup red wine
1 Tbsp chopped fresh thyme or 1 tsp dried
750 g bag Wattie's Recipe Mix Winter Veges
1 cup self-raising flour
2 Tbsp chopped fresh mixed herbs
½ cup lite milk
NUTRITION INFORMATION: Average Quantity per Serving
Nutrition information is calculated using a recipe analysis program and is subject to variations you may make to the ingredients or cooking method. This nutrition information is intended as a guide only and excludes serving suggestions and swaps you may make.
Shop Ingredients online
1. Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan, brown the meat on all sides over a high heat. Transfer to a casserole dish.
2. Gently fry the onion, garlic and bacon in the remaining oil until tender, but not brown. Pour over, Wattie's Just Add Hearty Beef Casserole Simmer Sauce with red wine, 1/2 cup water and thyme.
3. Stir well and bring to the boil, pour over browned steak, cover and cook at 180°C for 1 hour.
4. Stir frozen Wattie's Recipe Mix Winter Veges into the hot casserole, cover and return to the oven for a further 12 minutes.
5. Sift self raising flour into a bowl, scatter with mixed herbs, season with salt and pepper, mix together and makea well in the centre. Pour in the milk stir to combine. Place spoonfuls of dumplings around the edge of the hot casserole, cover and return to the oven for a further 20 minutes, or until the dumplings are well risen and cooked through.
What do I need?
500 g blade steak, trimmed and diced
1 Tbsp oil
1 onion, peeled and sliced
1 tsp minced garlic
2 rashers bacon, diced
530 g can Wattie’s Just Add Hearty Beef Casserole Simmer Sauce