- 3 cups Wattie's Frozen Baby Peas, thawed
- ¾ cup self-raising flour
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup milk
- 2 Spring onions, chopped
- ¼ cup chopped mint
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
- 150g feta cheese, crumbled
- Freshly ground black pepper
- ½ cup natural yoghurt
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 small clove of garlic, crushed
- 1 Tbsp chopped mint
- Place the peas into a bowl. Mash roughly with a potato masher.
- Sift the flour into another bowl and make a well in the centre. Whisk the eggs and milk together and pour into the centre of the well with the peas, spring onion, mint, parsley and feta. Season to taste with black pepper. Mix to combine.
- Heat a little oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Add heaped tablespoons of the mixture and cook for 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until golden and cooked through. Repeat with remaining mixture, adding a little extra oil to the pan for each batch.
- To prepare the yoghurt dressing, combine all ingredients.
- Serve with the yoghurt dressing.
Add 1 tsp of sumac to the fritter mixture for a zingy Middle Eastern flavour.