Made this for the first time last night, only one problem didn't cook enough ribs. Was soo good can't wait to cook it again.
- 1.5 kg pork or beef spare ribs
- ½ cup HP Sauce
- 1 ½ cup Golden Circle Pineapple Juice
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 1 tsp minced ginger
- 1 tsp crushed garlic
1. Cut the pork spare ribs into 2-3 pieces and set aside.
2. To make the marinade combine HP Sauce, Golden Circle Pineapple Juice , soy sauce, ginger and garlic.
3. Place the ribs in a large saucepan and pour marinade over them. Cover. Bring to the boil then reduce the heat and simmer for 30 minutes. Remove the ribs and set aside.
4. Continue to simmer the marinade until reduced and thickened.
5. Barbecue the cooked ribs over medium heat for 10-15 minutes, brushing with the reduced marinade, until sticky and golden. Alternatively, cook in a single layer on an oven tray lined with baking paper at 200°C for 15-20 minutes.
Use beef spare ribs in place of pork if preferred.