I cook this with and without the Corned Beef , wrapped in foil on the BBQ
Tropical Baked Kumara
- 4 med-size orange or golden kumara
- dash of oil
- ½ cup well drained crushed pineapple
- 1 tsp minced fresh ginger
- 2-3 spring onions
- 340g can Hellaby's Corned Beef
- ¼-½ cup grated cheese
1. Wash the kumara and dry well. Trim the ends. Rub the kumara with oil and place on a baking tray. Cook at 200°C for 45-50 minutes or until well cooked. Alternatively prick the kumara with a fork and microwave on high power for 15 minutes or until tender.
2. Slice a top off each kumara and scoop the flesh into a bowl.
3. Add the pineapple, ginger, spring onions and Hellaby's Corned Beef and mix gently with a fork to break up the corned beef and mix the ingredients lightly. Do not mash.
4. Re-fill each kumara with 1/4 of the mixture and return or place on the baking tray. Sprinkle each with a little grated cheese.
5. Cook at 200°C for 15 minutes until piping hot and golden.