- 75 g softened butter
- ¼ cup caster sugar
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ cup Rose’s Strawberry Conserve
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- ¼ cup thread coconut
1. Preheat oven to 180°C. Lightly grease a 12-hole muffin tray.
2. Cream butter and caster sugar until light and creamy and add the egg yolks. Stir in the sifted flour and baking powder and mix to a soft dough. If dough is too soft, chill for 20 minutes in the refrigerator wrapped in plastic wrap.
3. Roll out the dough between 2 sheets of baking paper and cut 12 x 6-7 cm circles. Gently place these circles into the muffin tins to form the base. Divide the Rose’s Strawberry Conserve between the bases.
4. Whisk the egg whites with sugar until stiff peaks form and then fold in the coconut. Divide meringue between the tarts.
5. Bake for 15-20 minutes until golden. Leave in the tins for a few minutes before cooling on a baking rack.