Recipes by Di Swann
1. Boil or microwave Wattie’s frozen Kiwi Roast Mix according to packet instructions. Drain and mash. The carrot will not mash as smoothly as the other vegetables. Allow to cool.
2. Add salmon, spring onions, parsley, lemon zest and beaten egg. Season. Mix to combine. Divide and shape mixture into 8 cakes.
3. Heat a little oil in a frying pan and cook salmon cakes over medium heat, turning once until hot and golden – about 8-10 minutes. Serve with a wedge of lemon and a crisp salad on the side.
* Replace salmon with 100g of finely chopped smoked salmon.
* Replace salmon with 100g chopped ham.