I'm all for lasagne, especially when it's easy and yummy!
This is one of the all-time favourite Food in a Minute recipes, so here it is again to remind you how good it really is!
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 500g lean beef mince
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 cup diced vegetables (celery, mushrooms, carrots)
- 420g can Wattie's Traditional Tomato & Herb Pasta Sauce
- ½ cup beef stock or water
- 3-4 fresh lasagne pasta sheets
- 250g pottle cottage cheese with garlic and chives
- 250g pottle lite cream cheese
- 2 Tbsp finely grated Parmesan cheese
1. Preheat oven to 180°C. Heat a dash of oil in a frying pan and quickly brown the onion, beef mince and garlic. This is best done in two batches. Add the diced vegetables, Wattie’s Traditional Tomato & Herb Pasta Sauce and beef stock or water. Simmer for 10 minutes.
2. Cut the lasagne sheets to fit the base of a lasagne style dish (2L capacity). Grease the base and place a sheet into the base of the dish. Top with 1/3 of the mince mixture. Repeat the layers finishing with a layer of pasta.
Creamy Cheese Topping
1. Mix together the cottage cheese with garlic and chives and the lite cream cheese and spread over the top of the pasta. Sprinkle over the Parmesan cheese.
2. Bake for 40 minutes until golden and hot. Serve with a salad on the side.