Recipes by Di Swann
1. Heat a dash of oil In a heavy-based frying-pan and brown mince with the onion over high heat.
2. Reduce heat. Add Wattie’s Mexican Creations Nachos Simmer Sauce and the drained Wattie’s Red Kidney Beans. Simmer for 20-25 minutes until the mince is cooked.
3. Spread the nacho chips over an oven-proof dish. Spoon over meat and bean sauce. Scatter with grated cheese.
4. Place under a pre-heated grill until the cheese melts. Serve garnished with a dollop of sour cream if wished.
* Nacho sauce is suitable for creating a Taco or Quesadilla filling too.
* Mexican sauce is also slow cooker friendly. Cook on a low heat for 4 hours, or in an oven-proof dish at 160°C for 1½ - 2 hours, adding the beans ½ an hour before the end of cooking.
* Replace beef mince with chicken or lamb.
* To make a vegetarian option replace the meat with an extra can of kidney beans or 300g diced vegetables.