- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- ½ tsp dried basil
- 400 g can Wattie’s Tomato Passata
- ½ tsp sugar
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh basil (optional)
- To Serve
- 300 g packet fresh ravioli
- grated Parmesan cheese
1. Heat the olive oil in a saucepan over medium low heat. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute or until it is golden.
2. Add the dried basil, Wattie’s Tomato Passata and sugar. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Bring to the boil then simmer for 8 to 10 minutes until the sauce is thick. Stir in the chopped basil, if using.
3. Meanwhile cook the ravioli following the packet directions. Drain and serve with the Tomato and Basil Sauce. Serve with grated Parmesan and extra fresh basil leaves if desired.