I loved it it was a big hit with the family! though it took longer than one minute to prepare of coarse. But my family were surprised i could make it so well at twelve! Five stars all the way!
The only hard bit of this recipe is spelling its name. Honestly, this is cannelloni made easy.
- 1 medium onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 tsp crushed garlic
- 350g bag Wattie's frozen Chopped Spinach, defrosted and drained
- 250g pottle cottage cheese
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh basil
- 1 Tbsp tomato paste
- ½ cup grated parmesan or tasty cheddar cheese
- 420g can Wattie's Condensed Tomato Soup with Diced Tomatoes
- ⅓-½ cup water
- 125 g packet dried cannelloni tubes
- ¼ cup fresh breadcrumbs
1. Heat a dash of oil in a frying pan and cook the onion and garlic until soft. Stir in the prepared Wattie's Chopped Spinach and set aside to cool.
2. Stir in the cottage cheese, basil, tomato paste and half the grated cheese. Season with pepper.
3. Combine the Wattie's Condensed Tomato Soup with Diced Tomatoes and water. Pour half into the base of a lasagne-style dish.
4. Fill the cannelloni shells with the cottage cheese filling and place the cannelloni on top of the soup. Pour over the remaining tomato soup mixture to cover. Mix the remaining Parmesan cheese with the fresh breadcrumbs and sprinkle over the soup.
5. Bake at 190°C for 25-30 minutes until the cannelloni is tender.