Recipes by Di Swann
Red kidney beans are a convenient way to make your meat dishes go further. Add them to mince recipes, soups, stews and casseroles to make the meal go further, whilst also bumping up the protein and dietary fibre.
1. Turn the slow cooker on to low to preheat.
2. Cut beef into 3cm pieces and place in the slow cooker. Add onions, celery and carrots. Add Wattie’s Just Add Hearty Savoury Mince Simmer Sauce, water and bay leaves.
3. Cook on low for 7-8 hours, until the meat is tender.
4. Stir inCraig’s Red Kidney Beans. Cover and cook for a further 10-15 minutes, until beans are hot. Season to taste. Remove bay leaves. Serve with mashed potato and seasonal vegetables.
1. Preheat oven to 160°C.
2. Prepare as for slow cooker but place ingredients in a casserole dish. Cover. Place in the oven and cook for 2 1/2-3 hours.
3. Remove from oven and add red kidney beans. Cover. Return to oven and cook a further 10 minutes untill beans are heated through and beef is tender.