Recipes by Di Swann
1. Preheat oven to 180°C and line a 22cm round cake tin with baking paper.
2. Combine the eggs, vanilla essence, brown sugar and oil in a large bowl and beat until thick and creamy.
3. Fold in the sifted dry ingredients and then stir in the grated carrots and pineapple (if using).
4. Pour into the prepared cake tin and bake for 60 minutes or until a cake tester inserted in the middle of the cake comes our clean. Rest the cake for 10 minutes before removing from the tin to cool.
4. Make the icing by beating the butter and cream cheese together until smooth. Beat in the icing sugar and enough lemon juice to make a smooth icing. Spread over the cooled cake and decorate with nuts.
1/2 cup chopped walnuts can be added instead of pineapple, if wished.