Boysenberry Chocolate Brownie
Every now and then you deserve a treat and chocolate and berries are a sublime combination. Go on spoil someone!
- 425g can Wattie's Boysenberries in Syrup
- 150g butter
- ¾ cup cocoa
- 3 eggs
- 1 ¼ cups caster sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- ½ cup self raising flour, sifted
1. Preheat oven to 170° C and line a 22cm square cake tin with baking paper. Drain Wattie’s Boysenberries , reserving the juice.
2. In a saucepan gently melt the butter and cocoa, stir and set aside to cool.
3. In a large bowl, beat the eggs, sugar and vanilla until thick and creamy then fold in cooled chocolate mixture and flour.
4. Pour mix into cake tin and place drained boysenberries over the top letting them sink in by themselves.
5. Bake in oven for 30-40 minutes or until brownie springs back when touched.
6. To make a boysenberry sauce, place reserved boysenberry syrup in a small sauce pan and simmer gently for 12-15 minutes or until reduced by half and thickened. Set aside to cool.
7. Cut Brownie into squares and dust with cocoa if wished and serve with whipped cream, yoghurt or ice cream drizzled with the boysenberry sauce.