This was nice, hearty meal for my family on a winters night
- 500g beef blade steak, cubed
- 2 onions, sliced
- 200g button mushrooms, quartered
- 1 Tbsp Gregg's Smoked Paprika
- 1 Tbsp tomato paste
- 1 ¼ cups beef stock or water
- 1 bay leaf
- ½ cup Kraft Philadelphia Light Cream for Cooking
1. Preheat oven to 180°C. Heat a dash of oil in a frying pan and brown the beef steak. Add the onions and stir fry until they begin to soften. Add the mushrooms.
2. Stir in Gregg’s Smoked Paprika and tomato paste and allow to cook out for a minute before pouring over the beef stock. Add bayleaf. Bring sauce to boiling point. Transfer to an ovenproof dish, cover and cook in the oven for 1 ½ hours or until meat is tender.
3. At the end of cooking stir through the Kraft Philadelphia Light Cream for Cooking and serve on pasta or rice with a broad bean puree.
Crockpot / Slow Cooker Instructions:
Prepare step 1 of the recipe and place into a slow cooker with the bayleaf. Mix smoked Paprika, tomato paste and ¾ cup beef stock together and pour over the meat. Cook on low for 8 hours or on high for 4 (check your user manual). At the end of cooking, stir through the lite cream.