Tired of making the same old salads? Then try this Asian-inspired warm lamb salad. Delicious and easy to prepare, it’s perfect for friends and family to enjoy together.
What do I need ?
Original recipe yields 4 Servings
This tool adjusts ingredient amounts only, not method or nutrition information. Additional changes to equipment, baking times, etc. may be needed for recipe success.
1 Tbsp Gourmet Garden Ginger
1 Tbsp Gourmet Garden Mild or Hot Chilli
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 Tbsp lemon juice
2 Tbsp Gourmet Garden Coriander
2 Tbsp Gourmet Garden Mild or Hot Chilli
1 tsp brown sugar
¼ cup lemon juice
400 g lean lamb leg steaks, cut into 1cm wide strips
125 g rice stick noodles
1 large carrot, peeled and cut into thin strips
100 g snow peas, blanched
½ cucumber, seeds removed and sliced diagonally
1 handful watercress or rocket
¼ cup roasted peanuts (optional)
Add To Shopping List
How do I make it ?
1. Mix the marinade ingredients into a bowl. Add the lamb. Cover and leave to marinate in the fridge for 20 minutes.
2. Prepare the salad dressing by combining the Gourmet Garden Coriander, Gourmet Garden Mild or Hot Chilli, brown sugar and lemon juice. Whisk to combine and set aside.
3. Cook the rice stick noodles according to packet instructions. Drain and refresh in cold water. Drain again and then cut into shorter lengths and place in a large bowl. Add the carrot sticks, blanched snow peas and sliced cucumber. Toss the dressing through the salad.
4. Heat a dash of oil in a frying pan. Add the lamb strips and cook over a high heat for 2-3 minutes on each side, until the lamb is just cooked. Remove from the heat.
5. Gently toss the warm lamb through the salad. Transfer to a serving platter. Add watercress and garnish with peanuts if wished.