Slow cooking is a great way of preparing tougher cuts of meat. This Indian Spiced Lamb with lentils will satisfy and delight even the heartiest of eaters. Serve with rice and vegetables.
What do I need ?
Original recipe yields 1 serving
This tool adjusts ingredient amounts only, not method or nutrition information. Additional changes to equipment, baking times, etc. may be needed for recipe success.
750 g lean lamb shoulder chops or 600g lamb leg steaks
1 Tbsp ground cumin
1 Tbsp ground coriander
2 Tbsp chopped mint
1 large onion, sliced
2 x 400 g cans Wattie’s Indian Style Tomatoes
Add To Shopping List
How do I make it ?
1. Turn the slow cooker on to low to preheat.
2. Trim any excess fat from the lamb shoulder chops. Mix together ground cumin, coriander and mint. Rub the spice mix into the lamb.
3. Place the spiced lamb into the slow cooker. Add onion. Pour over Wattie's Indian Style Tomatoes. Cover.
4. Cook on low for 5-7 hours, until the meat is tender. Stir in Craig's Lentils. Cover and cook for a further 10-15 minutes, or until the lentils are hot. Season to taste. Serve with rice and seasonal vegetables.
1. Preheat oven to 160℃.
2. Prepare as for slow cooker but place ingredients in a casserole dish. Cover.
3. Place in the oven and cook for 2-2 1/2 hours. Add the lentils. Cover. Return to the oven and cook a further 10 minutes untill the lentils are heated through and lamb is tender.