NUTRITION INFORMATION: Average Quantity per Serving
Nutrition information is calculated using a recipe analysis program and is subject to variations you may make to the ingredients or cooking method. This nutrition information is intended as a guide only and excludes serving suggestions and swaps you may make.
Generations of Kiwis have loved Black Doris Plums. Wattie's makes sure this continues, picking only the finest plums from Hawke's Bay orchards.
Preheat oven to 180°C.
1. Drain the Wattie's Black Doris Plums well and then squash or cut in half and remove the stone. Leave in the sieve to drain while making the cake.
2. Beat the butter, sugar and vanilla essence until light and creamy. Add the eggs one a time and beat well after each addition.
3. Sift 2 cups of the flour and baking powder together and stir into the creamed mixture.
4. Spread 3/4s of the mixture on the base of a well-greased and paper lined 23-24cm spring-form cake tin.
5. Arrange the plums over the base of the cake mixture.
6. Add the coconut, cinnamon and the remaining 1/2 cup of flour to the remaining cake mixture and work together to form crumbs. Sprinkle over the top of the plums. Bake for 1 hour. Serve dusted with icing sugar.