Juicy Black Doris plums paired with the delicious spice of gingernuts and creamy white chocolate. This decadent but simple dessert will definitely satisfy any sweet tooth.
What do I need ?
Original recipe yields 6 Servings
This tool adjusts ingredient amounts only, not method or nutrition information. Additional changes to equipment, baking times, etc. may be needed for recipe success.
12 gingernut biscuits
25 g butter, melted
850 g can Wattie’s Black Doris Plums in Syrup
120 g white chocolate, chopped
250 g pottle cream cheese, softened
1 cup cream, lightly whipped to soft peak stage
Add To Shopping List
How do I make it ?
1. Place gingernuts in a food processor and process until crumbed, or crush with a rolling pin.
2. Stir melted butter into the biscuit crumbs. Spoon the crumbs into the base of 6 serving glasses.
3. Drain Wattie's Black Doris Plums in Syrup, reserving syrup. Cut the plums into quarters, removing the stones. Reserve 6 plum quarters and mash the remaining with a fork. Melt the white chocolate in the microwave or in a bowl over hot water and set aside to cool.
4. Beat the soft cream cheese until smooth. Stir in the melted white chocolate and mashed plums. Carefully fold through the lightly whipped cream.
5. Divide the plum mixture between the serving glasses. Chill for 10 minutes.
6. To serve, top with a plum and pour over a little of the reserved plum syrup.