Moroccan spices are very popular, and add wonderful flavour to any meat. This one-pot lamb dish is a perfect way to try them, and it's quick and easy too.
What do I need ?
Original recipe yields 4 Servings
This tool adjusts ingredient amounts only, not method or nutrition information. Additional changes to equipment, baking times, etc. may be needed for recipe success.
500 lean shoulder lamb, diced into 3cm pieces
2 Tbsp oil
2 onions, peeled and roughly chopped
1 green or red capsicum, deseeded and chopped
½ cup raisins (optiol)
400 g can Wattie's Moroccan Style Tomatoes
2 cups boiling water or chicken stock
1 cup couscous
25 g butter
salt to season
Add To Shopping List
How do I make it ?
1. Brown the lamb in a very hot, lidded frying pan in the oil until well browned on all sides.
2. Add the onion, capsicum and dried fruit if using, Wattie's Moroccan Style Tomatoes and water or stock and stir to mix.
3. Cover and simmer gently for 35-40 minutes.
4. Pour the boiling water or stock over the couscous, cover and stand for 10 minutes or until all the liquid has been absorbed. Add the butter, cover and microwave on high power for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork and season with salt.
5. Serve the lamb over the couscous adding your favourite vegetables to accompany.