Take a turn towards the Japanese with this never-fail stir-fry favourite. Mixing lean rump steak with traditional seasonings on a bed of soft udon noodles, it’s a winner whether you’re whipping it for yourself or the family.
What do I need ?
Original recipe yields 4 Servings
This tool adjusts ingredient amounts only, not method or nutrition information. Additional changes to equipment, baking times, etc. may be needed for recipe success.
600 g rump steak
1 Tbsp minced ginger
1 Tbsp sweet chilli sauce
¼ cup sherry
¼ cup Lea and Perrins Worcestershire Sauce
250 g Swiss brown mushrooms, wiped and sliced
1 red capsicum, deseeded and thickly sliced
200 g green beans, trimmed and cut in half lengthwise
1 bunch spring onions, cut into 5cm lengths
270 g packet dried udon noodles
½ cup beef stock
1 Tbsp cornflour
Add To Shopping List
How do I make it ?
1. Cut the rump steak into thin strips and place in a re-sealable bag with ginger, sweet chilli sauce, sherry and Lea & Perrins Worcestershire Sauce. Seal bag and toss to coat evenly, refrigerate for 10 to 15 minutes. Drain beef, reserving marinade.
2. Heat a dash of oil in a hot frying pan or wok, stir fry beef strips until browned, set aside.
3. Add a little more oil to the frying pan and stir fry the mushrooms, capsicum, beans and spring onions until crisp and tender.
4. Cook udon noodles according to the directions on the pack.
5. Return meat to the frying pan. Mix together reserved marinade, beef stock and cornflour, pour into stir fry, toss quickly and cook until the sauce thickens.